Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blog Hero: Alan Pritt!

I've been working for hours on one of those very, very rare Solid Gold posts. Where the stars are aligned and the neurons are all GoGoGo.

This was real work and real thought being exercised.

And then my finger hit a wrong key and BOOM! WordPress's TinyMCE editor ate eighty percent of the post. Sent it straight to Electron Hell.

It devastated me.

I went to the WordPress FAQ and the WordPress Forums and found nothing that could help me.

I scared the hell out of everyone on Twitter by venting there.

Then I got this:



Huh? What?

I scrolled down ... and saw five different versions!

Could it ... could it be?

Clicking through, OMFG, I was able to recover to the point several minutes before the wrong key was hit, getting back ninety-five percent of the post!

And yet the trauma had been experienced.

My concentration was totally destroyed and I can't finish the post today after all, as I wanted to.

But many many many thanks to Alan Pritt, for saving the day!

Go visit his blog!

As for me, my nerves are shot. That's all for today.

No comments: