Sunday, September 14, 2008

RSS: Just What I Thought

The Great Blog Reading Aid
I have to confess I was totally shocked by Dear Author’s latest poll results. According to our small sampling, almost 3/4 of the Dear Author readers have no idea what a feed reader is.

Emphasis added by me.

I am not at all surprised. I've tried to bang on the heads of the so-called self-appointed "A-listers" that their view of RSS as being pervasive among everyday people is a delusion.

This post is a primer about RSS.

I should use RSS, but I don't. Yes, that keeps me behind the minute-by-minute flow, but I also have a crappy PC that can barely do Firefox (please Google, plug-ins for Chrome!!), so the idea of having RSS going too is just ridiculous. Plus, it keeps me at a regular human level of speed.

Anything Real Important will pop up on Twitter, I think.

No comments: