Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sony Counts On Sackboy For PlayStation 3

Sony puts its future in the hands of Sackboy
Sony PlayStation, the video games console, hopes to reverse its flagging popularity with a little-known British creation: a rag doll called Sackboy.

He is the hero of Little Big Planet, which Sony has described as the biggest game in PlayStation’s history.

I'm not one to play games, but I do like the sound of this.

I hope Sony has a huge hit with this. It needs one.

Let's see if they can be clever and also get some eBooks out of it to pimp the Sony Reader too.

These are some screensnaps I grabbed from a video here:















I don't know if there are any awards for videogames, but this one deserves several for design. The color palettes are gorgeous and all of it is a sumptuous melange of design styles expertly blended together. The depth of some images remind me of the dioramic backgrounds the Fleischer brothers used to do in their Betty Boop and Popeye cartoons.

Sony's got something here.

No comments: