Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Said Apple Sync Was Important: Here's Proof

iPhone dev continues
My work with the iPhone SDK continues, working on three clients to our backend services at the moment. I’m very much looking forward to blogging about this as it’s cleared at work. But as you probably have noticed from my posts, working locally and synchronizing with the back-end is what I believe most iPhone applications are about. Do quick and stuff you need to remember on the iPhone, work out the details from your computer, keep everything in sync. That’s why I’m excited about Google’s data integration. That’s why I’m excited about integrating SQLite. That’s why I spend a lot of time working with SOAP integration.

This is a fellow I posted about earlier, programming for the iPhone (and, as it turns out, the iPod Touch too).

He has a good grasp of what the reality should be.

All this talk of Cloud Computing. None of it's been real.

The iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPod Air will make it real.

No comments: