Monday, September 1, 2008

Google's Chrome Browser: Part Two

I've read all the pages of the brilliant comic book.

1) How much frikkin RAM is this thing going to need?

2) How many frikkin GHz and cores of CPU is this thing going to need?

3) What happens to the frikkin plug-ins I need to use with Firefox?

4) Is the WebKit mentioned in it the same one at the heart of Apple's Safari browser?

5) Is it Windows only or will there be a Mac OS X version released simultaneously?

Let me tell you that failing to offer a Mac OS X version is Instant FAIL. I want out of Microsoft's shitware.

There is one thing that I absolutely love about Chrome. That Home Page:



Yes! That's exactly what a damned Home Page should look like! What I do every day, right there ready to Go Go Go! It turns the opening of the browser into what Warren Ellis calls Mission Control. I absolutely love that. Now how fast can someone come up with a Firefox (2.0!) plug-in to do that?

Previously here:

Google's Chrome Browser: Part One

No comments: