Thursday, July 3, 2008

Now Wait One Damn Minute Here!

Judge Orders YouTube to Give All User Histories to Viacom
Google will have to turn over every record of every video watched by YouTube users, including users' names and IP addresses, to Viacom, which is suing Google for allowing clips of its copyright videos to appear on YouTube, a judge ruled Wednesday.

And:
Although Google argued that turning over the data would invade its users' privacy, the judge's ruling described that argument as "speculative" and ordered Google to turn over the logs on a set of four tera-byte hard drives.

Emphasis added by me.

To the judge in this case:

"Speculative," my ass.

I've used YouTube.

What did I watch on YouTube?

That's none of your goddammed business!

Unless you're charging me with something, you have no goddammed right to be looking at what I've looked at.

Keep fomenting The Big Change by constantly shredding the Constitution and violating our rights, you Police State bastards.

No comments: