Sunday, July 27, 2008

Writer Brandon Ford Has A Blog

Brandon's Lair

I loved this:

Happy anniversary to me...
On this day, five years ago, I cracked open a brand new notebook, fired up a pen, and began working on Crystal Bay. On my lunch break at my crappy day job (thank God I'm no longer suffering there), I sat down and began what would end up being my first novel. I had no idea if this was ever going to go anywhere. By that point, I had started so many different projects that only collected dust. But, I knew that being a novelist was what I wanted to do and I knew that the only way to get there was to complete a novel. So that's what I did. I scribbled away for seven months, worked on a couple of new drafts shortly thereafter, then started querying editors and agents. In late 2007, I stumbled upon Arctic Wolf Publishing and, as they say, the rest is history. What a charming story for the grandchildren.

No comments: