Sunday, July 20, 2008

R.I.P.: David Mitton

I'm coming to this one very late.

David Mitton
David Mitton, who died on May 16 aged 69, wrote and directed more than 180 episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine, which became a perennial favourite on children's television.

Starting as a special effects technician for the Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson, Mitton also worked on Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and UFO.

Emphasis added by me:
In 2005, with David Lane, whom he knew from Gerry Anderson's studios in the 1960s, Mitton formed the independent production company Pineapple Squared Entertainment.

I've seen some episodes of Thomas. They always amazed me for their lack of ... motion.

But given the small scale of everything, I should have guessed there was an Anderson connection somewhere. There usually is!

No comments: