Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reference: Telomerase-Cortisol Connection

Telomerase Pill, points to: UCLA study identifies mechanism behind mind-body connection
FINDINGS:
UCLA scientists found that the stress hormone cortisol suppresses immune cells' ability to activate their telomerase. This may explain why the cells of persons under chronic stress have shorter telomeres.

Yeah, well, they better go around poking needles in people and finding something other than just cortisol.

I've been tested for cortisol. Everyone swears my level is normal (as if any part of my body is!). Me, I think the damn stuff senses the test coming on and runs and hides somewhere.

Probably in my frikkin telomeres!

On another personal note, I'm glad to see us heading towards that time that all those people who claim to "know" the Bible don't actually understand:
And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

-- Revelation 9:6

Hello, you stupid Bible-thumper. Don't you know physical immortality when your God shoves a clear description of it in your face?

Give me stem cells and telomere-lengthening and I'll be as happy as Methuselah, baby!

No comments: