Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Space:1999 Fan CGI Video

Moonbase Alpha attacked by UFOs
In 1974 I read the Making of Space: 1999 and the visual effects director Brian Johnson talked about future visual effects techniques. He mentioned computer animation. Back then as a teen I couldn't wrap my head around what that was all about. So this video is tribute to that idea that first came across my radar thirty-four years ago. The insert clips and other spacecraft are from my feature film OUTERWORLD that is available on DVD through Image Entertainment.

It's not photorealistic, but it's very imaginative. He does some things that really aren't practical or possible with miniatures (and I mean the Derek Meddings old school; not this bluescreen crap Star Wars cheated with). I like the UFO lights playing over the moon's surface too! Nice work.

No comments: