Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Focus On The Family: Busted!

Focus on the Family pulls video seeking prayers for rain at Obama speech
Focus on the Family Action pulled a video from its Web site today that asked people to pray for "rain of biblical proportions" during Barack Obama's Aug. 28 appearance at Invesco Field at Mile High to accept the Democratic nomination for president.

Stuart Shepard, director of digital media at Focus Action, the political arm of Focus on the Family, said the video he wrote and starred in was meant to be "mildly humorous."

Emphasis added by me.

This is the Internet. You can pull whatever you want off it, but once it's been on, it stays on forever.

This is the video they don't want you to see:

Man asks people to pray for rain during Obama's DNC speech



Since when do televised "Christians" think they're doing Saturday Night Live?

Show me the jokes Christ told during the sermon on the mount! Show me his flippancy towards Pontius Pilate! Show me the witty lines he used on the cross!

Focus on the Family is not "Christian" in any way other than as a brand name.
I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.
-- Jeremiah 15:17

Note: I have downloaded this video. If it does disappear from the Net, feel free to email me for your very own copy so you can propagate it!

No comments: