Thursday, August 21, 2008

Short Film: The Grand Inquisitor

I got today's creep-out for you!

I was trawling through Twitter for more victims interesting people to Follow and somehow wound up at one profile that contained a link to ... something.

It turned out to be a short film called The Grand Inquisitor.



I wound up not at the movie's website (above link) but at the Undergroundfilm page for it.

I figured, eh, let's watch.

But first I made a mistake: I read the description. Why do I do that to myself? Really, the best way to come to anything -- book, movie, TV program -- is cold.

So, I sinned.

But the description interested me, so I gave it a shot.

As soon as the music began, I knew it was going to be worthwhile. Music is often a good tell. If they spend some money on that, and it sounds good, that's a sign.

And I was right. This little film creeped the hell out of me.

Just a few minutes in, I already knew most of what was going to happen, but the ending surprised me.

It stars, as you can see above, Marsha Hunt and Leah Dashe. Written and directed by Eddie Muller.

Excellent work!

My screensnaps are blurry because I was viewing the low-speed version doubled in size, to prevent skipping (rot in hell again, Microsoft!). It will look better on your machine.



Go see it!

No comments: