Sunday, August 17, 2008

Someone Doesn't See Writers As Artists

Signed, With Love
When you are promoting your book or company, you are a business person, an executive, even.

WTF?!!?

Let's review:

1) Suits do not have interesting lives
2) Suits do not write interesting books
3) Suits do not write immortal books

This is what an artist looks like:


Samson Shillitoe from A Fine Madness


Gulley Jimson from The Horse's Mouth

Apparently some people are aiming at this market:



Jesus Christ! Wait for me to scour my eyes and I'll be back!

OK then.

I'd rather aim at them:



They might be sloppy, but they're alive!

What a book signing with me would be like ...

Bookseller: Mr. Cane! You just told that woman who bought your book to fuck off!

Mr. Cane: And she loved both syllables of it!

No comments: