Sunday, August 3, 2008

Writer Larry Beinhart's Salvation Boulevard

Larry Beinhart is the happy passionate madman writer behind the novel American Hero, which became the basis for the movie Wag the Dog (it was a veeeeery loose interpretation of the book!). He has a new novel coming out that's already been optioned for the movie screen.

It's called Salvation Boulevard and I'm just going to quote what Larry sent me in email:
The corpse is an atheist professor, the accused is an Islamic foreign student, the defense attorney is a Jewish lawyer, the investigator is a born again Christian. The mystery is God.

Yeah, that made me catch my breath and made my spine tingle!



Larry also sent along a bunch of reader quotes and even the Publishers Weekly starred review (scroll down). It's been getting a lot of attention and buzz.

Larry Beinhart will be at the New York City Partners and Crime bookstore for a signing on September 9th. I met him there at a previous signing and he's been nice enough to put up with my irregular emails ever since.

The p book will be published in September -- and I hope the ebook version will be available then too. (But, Larry, so far none of your work is in ebook form! You must fix that!)

No comments: