Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Secret Of The Last Post



I have a bit of a secret.

It's the Last Post of the Day.

Whenever possible, I try to end the day with a post that I want to be widely seen. Since that post will be up for at least 10-12 hours, it's likely to be the first new post someone sees when clicking through from a single post to the entire blog.

Right now, I have a Sticky. So that somewhat pre-empts this strategy.

However, last night, it was the CitiGroup post.

Before that: Video: The Time Traveler’s Guide. This one, however, was unintentional.

Before that: See Writer Tito Perdue In Person! -- entirely intentional.

And before that: Chronicles Of Depression 2.0: #422: Cow Chips -- again intentional.

I don't know if there's anyone else who does this.

Things tend to get buried fast in this blog. So for something I want more people to see, I try to hold it as the day's final post. Sometimes that's not possible, when breaking Doom news hits, but it's what I deliberately try to do.

Maybe others with blogs will find this tip useful.

No comments: