Friday, December 19, 2008

Chronicles Of Depression 2.0: #476: Rules?

Into the Economic Abyss
Many people -- including yours truly -- have looked to events of 80 years ago to try and figure out how things might play out in future. But maybe it isn't necessary to go back that far. There have been other economic implosions in more recent times that might offer lessons that are just as illuminating. In fact, one of my regular visitors, Jason, suggested that I check out a blog, Surviving in Argentina, published by an anonymous Argentinean, which offers up some disturbing but absorbing accounts of life in that beleaguered Latin American nation. After reading a post written a few weeks ago, entitled "Despair in Once-Proud Argentina," it made me wonder whether we will see an equally calamitous ending here.

If this account doesn't make you cry, please do the rest of us a favor and kill yourself. You are too deluded to face reality -- or you're one of the sociopathic pathogens infecting this nation.

A few clips:
"I can't explain it, and maybe I never will be able to[.] [. . .] But maybe you can start to figure out why. You have to wonder: Is all this really happening? Are our politicians so corrupt? Are we now really so poor? Have the banks really stolen our money? And the answers are yes, yes, yes and yes."

And:
"Am I proud of what we did? No, of course not. Would I do it again? Yes, of course. You start to live by different rules."

Emphasis in the original.

With each post, I am trying to plant into your head in ways that cannot be avoided how absolutely horrific the breakdown of our advanced society can -- will -- be.

Because I don't want it to happen to us!
"You can't know what it's like to see your children hungry and feel helpless to stop it," she said. "The food is there, in the grocery store, but you just can't afford to buy it anymore. My husband keeps working, but he keeps bringing home less and less. We never had much, but we always had food, no matter how bad things got. But these are not normal times."

Emphasis added by me.

I paused while creating this post to read the comments for it. That caused me to add my own Comment, which is a fitting way to end this post:
Jesus Christ.

If I read one more whiny crybaby "Offer us solutions!!!" post, I'll scream. OK, I'm screaming NOW.

WTF is wrong with you lot?

You've been given the very rare privilege here of seeing the breakdown of an advanced society into absolute horror. Some of you are thinking, unsaid, "Oh, it's just those effing spicks, that's how they are!" The other lot are thinking, "Hey, my gun will be my passport!"

Both of you are unfit for survival with what's coming up.

Your "solution" -- such as it will be -- is YOU. What the hell do you think made this country, a pack of crybabies telling the proto-revolutionaries, "Oh, give us a solution EXCEPT overthrowing Old George"?!

Your money is shit.
Your gold is shit.
Your gun is shit.

Start there and YOU can begin to CREATE some solutions.

FA, thanks much for this post. I'm linking to it.

And so I have.

Update: For those who will stupidly dismiss this account because it's from a "Doom site," here's the original source: The Washington Post!

No comments: