Friday, December 26, 2008

Interster Episode One: Proxima Clash

I got an absolutely amazing Christmas gift from a reader in South Africa who spotted -- and then bought -- the DVD boxed set of the very rare TV puppet series Interster.

He digitized and uploaded the first episode for me to see!

And he's posted the URL for everyone else to get it too.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't approve of this. Creators should be paid for their work.

This is an exception on several counts:

1) It is 99.9% unlikely this will ever be sold outside of South Africa, so no royalty money is being stolen here

2) Currency exchange rates make it prohibitive to buy internationally

3) There is worldwide interest in this series from fans of Gerry Anderson's Supermarionation TV series

In additional to the download, the reader has now started an Interster blog where, I'm sure, a great deal more information will be found in coming days.

I hope the interest being shown in this series will prompt the rightsholder to offer the series for sale in the iTunes Store here in America (and elsewhere). I'd buy it! And I'm sure other Anderson -- and puppetry -- fans will too.

There are some notes about to best view the video as well as over ninety screensnaps with some commentary at the WordPress blog.

No comments: