Monday, December 1, 2008

Listen Only To The Muse, Writers!

Publishing 101 for Family and Friends
Often, some of the biggest challenges an author faces aren’t from the crazy publishing industry but from their very own nearest and dearest -- their family, friends, and other well-meaning folks who don’t realize that their uninformed comments and suggestions are not only counter-productive, but add even more pressure to an already stressful creative and logistical journey.

An excellent column.

I did a short story ages ago. Passed it around to people I knew.

Turned out being an IQ Test of sorts. The changes/suggestions they made were right out of TV and movies: the most cliche drivel. I never expected it of them.

Now, I'd only let another writer read my stuff.

-- via Twitter from BookMarketer

No comments: