Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chronicles Of Depression 2.0: #370: Paradox

During my day off yesterday, I walked the earth of the southern tip of Manhattan.

Talk about cognitive dissonance!

In Borders, I saw someone getting ready to buy a Sony Reader. There were people buying books.

J&R had a good number of people buying things.

Even the street vendors were doing brisk business. Where the hell did all this Obama merch come from? T-shirts galore and even buttons (going for $5.00 each!).

In my own neighborhood, a mini shopping center is still being built. The city just tore up part of a wide street to install a physical green divider. A park rehab was recently finished.

Isn't there supposed to be a quadrillion dollars evaporating? Aren't we in a right lousy financial mess?

I didn't see any signs of anything at all like that yesterday.

No comments: