Thursday, November 13, 2008

An Inspiring Story

After fire, a business is reborn
Most of that day was a blur, but I know that about 100 firefighters worked past dark trying to put the blaze out. To this day we don't know how the fire started, but by evening almost everything was gone. All that was left were two stone walls and the building's foundation. I remember feeling huge waves of nausea and thinking, "Oh, my God, my business is gone."

So much goes through your mind when you watch your entire company disintegrate before your eyes: Do I have insurance? How am I going to pull this together again? Where do I begin? I felt utterly desperate that day, but it was always clear that I had to return and rebuild my business.

She didn't sit around looking for solutions in crap books like The Secret.

No comments: