Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sony Still Shoots Itself In Foot

Sony PRS-505 Update: ePub support is a great post over at the Feedbooks blog that details some of the changes the Sony Reader has undergone with the new firmware upgrade that allows reflowable PDF text (with compliant PDFs) and ePub ebook file support (this last bit would allow me to borrow ebooks from the NY Public Library system!).

The kicker is it once again reminded me that Sony has not ever provided Macintosh support for its Reader.

Adobe Digital Editions, which enables desktop management of those DRMed ePub files, also doesn't work on Mac OS X.

And that really does kill the Reader for me now.

As soon as I'm able, I'll be ditching Windows for the Land of Mac OS X.

Whatever doesn't work with Mac OS X will not exist in my eyes.

Farewell, Sony Reader.

No comments: