Sunday, November 2, 2008

Speakers UP! Barry Gray Pop Music

I know the title ascribes this to Captain Scarlet, but that's incorrect.

The original was done for the White as Snow episode of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, but all anyone has to do is watch that episode on DVD to be greatly disappointed. It's not the same music and the tempo is shockingly slow too.

This is actually from an episode of UFO (which one, escapes me at the moment). It's played as incidental background music on, if I recall correctly, a car radio. Barry Gray recycled the music, increasing the tempo and somewhat tinkering with the instrumentation.

The result is this piece, which I must have played into my head several hundred gazillion times. This is best listened to with headphones. Really get into it. It's one of the best pieces Barry Gray ever did.

captain scarlet pop theme

No comments: