Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Damn The LifeDrive

I've been sitting here the past few moments considering why I've not been doing the kind of posts I need to do and why that is.

And I've decided it's all the fault of that damned used LifeDrive I bought off ebay a while back.

I bought it thinking that because it was color, it'd be easier to read. In sunlight, it isn't.

I thought it being more powerful would equal more use. It hasn't. I've had to graft Classic Graffiti into it and have at least 50% recognition errors.

I sat here recalling all the joyful minutes of happily Graffiti-ing away in my old underpowered monochrome Sony CLIE S320. How, despite its limitations, I really really used the hell out of that thing.

The LifeDrive came in handy initially for its ability to play video. But that got boring after a while. (As it should!)

The LifeDrive never became the note-taking and outright writing machine I envisioned it to be.

So I've just dragged the old CLIE out of the drawer and will see if a transfusion of electrons overnight will bring it back to life in the morning.

I've written entire articles on my old Palm III and this CLIE using nothing but Graffiti.

I can barely enter a line into the Calendar with the LifeDrive!

Statement of my prior eejitcy:
I don’t regret having the LifeDrive. I had to turn on the CLIE S320 briefly to beam over some Memos and was shocked at how slow it was by comparison. I don’t ever want to go back to the CLIE!

Ah, Cane, you moron!

No comments: