Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Multi-Talented Philip Kan Gotanda

Several years ago I happened upon a movie on The Sundance Channel called Life Tastes Good.

It mesmerized me.

I. Could. Not. Stop. Watching.

I went and looked it up on the Net and found the writer and director was Philip Kan Gotanda.

I emailed him and he was kind enough to respond with a great deal of generosity.

I've watched his website off and on, waiting for some action to develop there.

It looks like that's now happening. It's undergoing a thorough reconstruction.

When you sit around unsatisfied and frustrated after watching the latest disposable product from Hollywood and wonder why you can't see something that's surprising and delightful, that's when you should go buy a copy of Life Tastes Good.

Life Tastes Good is a DVD that should be in everybody's collection.

I can't wait to see what his next creation will be.

(Hey, all you people out there looking for Talent for Internet video series? Gotanda's your man. Wave money -- and full creative control -- at him.)

No comments: