Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blog Notes: PC Is Frak-Free



There's no malware here. Seven frikkin hours of my time has just proved that!

In addition, I've gotten a (free, of course) RAM monitoring utility and it says even with my lousy small gob of RAM, everything should run fine:



So why has everything gotten slower?!!?

Symptoms:

1) Desktop icons all "blink" and seem to be rebuilding

2) My Pictures folder does not keep icons in Icon View and has to rebuild them

3) Accessing My Pictures from file selector is sloooow

4) It's as if commands are being passed down a looong chain of intermediaries before they're acted upon

So what the fek is going on?!

All you Microsoft MVPs, earn your appellation! Diagnose! Tell me the cure!

In the meantime, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on Firefox 3? I'm using 2.0.0.16.

No comments: