Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Did Apple Slip PC Users A Mobile Me Mickey?

Even though I evicted Windows XP SP3 from this computer, Microsoft has apparently managed to still slip in the worst aspects of it via Windows Updates. Performance of this machine is sending me towards Heart Attack City for all the frustration I'm having. It keeps getting slower every day! What used to be a fairly nimble PC a year ago has turned into an autistic nightmare (I keep screaming at it, "Why aren't you paying attention to what I want you to do?!!?).

So I went into the Control Panel to see if there was anything I could do about it and I discovered a little gift there from Apple:


Click= big

Close-up:



Clicking on that displays this:



I think Apple slipped this in when I updated iTunes or QuickTime. I didn't specifically ask for it nor did I see it offered as an option.

Personally, I find this to be absolutely hilarious!

I love how Apple is using Microsoft against itself (as if Microsoft needed any help after its Vistaster!).

I know as this PC gets slower and slower and slower, I'm asking myself why the hell don't I just dump all of this and go completely Mac.

And I'm certain other people have been asking the same damned thing.

That's why Apple had record sales last quarter.

And will probably do so again next quarter.

Microsoft is turning out to be the best advertisement for Macs!

No comments: