Friday, May 30, 2008

Apple Owns The Mobile Me Trademark

Suddenly the Internet is in a tizzy over this?

Apple has owned "Mobile Me" as a trademark since January 5, 2006.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has four records of this.

In addition, they've owned the trademark "The Mobile Me" since April 26, 2000.

Interestingly (or not), the mark "MobileMe" (one word, which might not be as I've typed it) was abandoned by another company and is now dead.

I knew this because from time to time I pop into the USPTO TESS search system to see if Apple has yet filed a trademark claim for "iPod Air."

Not yet.

By the way, I can't seem to find a way to link to the USPTO filings I cite. Just hit the TESS link above and pop "mobile me" into the basic search field and you'll get all of them.

"iPod Air" returns no results. But then I also try "iPod" to see if there's something new that way.

No comments: